LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

gmsanch3
|
Hello, I need help with question 2 about electronic newspaper services. I chose answer B for this question. I now see why A is correct; it weakens the argument that people are provided info they are looking for more quickly by saying people like to browse amusing or unfamiliar stories. However, I don’t see why answer choice B would be wrong since I would think it would weaken the argument that newspaper sales will decline if electronic service becomes available. The way I see it is,different cost is something that WOULD NOT make people want to subscribe to the electronic service and keep their newspaper subscriptions. Please help.
 Jeremy Press
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi gm,

Thanks for the question!

The problem with answer choice B is that it doesn't say anything about how the costs of those various versions of the electronic/TV service compare to the cost of printed newspapers. If, for example, the costs of the different versions of the TV service were all greatly different from each other, but all of those versions still cost less than printed newspapers, that would strengthen the argument. Because then even the most expensive version of the TV service would be a better option than newspapers. Since answer choice B doesn't tell me how the costs compare with newspapers, I can't tell whether or not the service will cause newspaper sales to decline or not.

Let me know if that clears it up!
 gmsanch3
|
Yes! That does clear it up. Thank you!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.