LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

sarae
|
I was confused about the stimulus of this question overall, can you please explain it?

Thanks!
 Steve Stein
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi sarae,

In that one, the author discusses the fact that the universe had been believed to contain four universal forces.

In 1986, physicists' experiments suggested a fifth force of repulsion, which explained findings that previous theories had not.

The answer choice that strengthens the case for a fifth force is B, which provides that the existence of such a force would not be inconsistent with any previously established results.

I hope that's helpful! Please let me know whether this is clear--thanks!

~Steve
 sarae
|
wait, i'm confused. i think you might be referring to the wrong question. This stimulus is about paintings
 David Boyle
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
sarae wrote:wait, i'm confused. i think you might be referring to the wrong question. This stimulus is about paintings
Dear sarae:

Vermeer kept using the same props in his paintings over and over. They weren't cheap, though, at least a lot of them weren't. So the stimulus asserts that the expensiveness shows that a dearth (lack) of props wasn't a problem--or, in diagramming terms, "expensiveness :arrow: dearth". Answer choice E has the contrapositive of that, basically, i.e., "dearth :arrow: expensiveness".

Hope that helps,

David
 sarae
|
great, thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.