LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

reop6780
|
The correct answer is C while chose A.

The reasoning in the stimuli matches with answer C.

The problem for me was that I excluded answer C earlier based upon the certainty of conclusion.

The LR bible states that the correct answer in the parallel should match reasoning, certainty of conclusion, certainty of premise, and validity of the stimuli.

As certainty of conclusion was easiest to notice, i excluded the correct answer C.

The stimuli uses "would" while answer C uses "will." They do not have similar degree of certainty, do they?

Is matching reasoning in extraordinary priority that an answer that matches the reasoning can be an answer regardless of the certainty of language used in the conclusion?

I thought all four factors should meet for the correct answer..
 Emily Haney-Caron
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi reop,

"Would" and "will" mean the exact same thing here; "would" is indicating it would definitely happen if put into place; "will" is indicating that it will certainly occur since the highway has been built. The only difference is not in certainty but in timeframe; the stimulus is still theoretical, while the answer choice has already been built, but in each case, the result is definite.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.