LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

ToadKing
|
Hi, I was wondering whether I could approach this particular question the same way I approach some justify the conclusion questions. All that I did to answer this question was take the premise/conclusion and turn it into an if/then statement. I noticed that this strategy is sometimes also used for justify the conclusion questions.

Thanks!
 Ryan Twomey
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey Toad King,

I frequently use this strategy as well for justify the conclusion questions. This is a particularly appealing strategy when there is only one premise and only one central concept in the conclusion.

The correct answer will often be in one of two forms:

if premise then conclusion
or
if no conclusion then no premise

Obviously these forms could be replaced with unless, only, only if, the only, any, all, necessary, or any of your other conditional words you should have memorized.

In this case, we are looking for an answer that links "only neighboring country able to help" to "should help."

B is an answer choice that links those two ideas.

I hope this explanation helps you and keep using the method you described while adding the possibility that the contrapositive of that method also works.

Best,
Ryan

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.