LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

mrdmass725
|
Correct me if I am wrong but by the logic I am using answer A is wrong because it does not address one of the main supports in the stimulus which is considering the consequences of a law and answer D does this better by plugging the gap between considering the consequences and the conclusion of failing to pass laws that benefit the constituents. Please let me know if I am thinking about this problem in the correct manner.
 Jeremy Press
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi mrdmass725,

What you've mentioned is definitely a point in favor of answer choice D, though I want you to be a little careful, because it's sometimes the case in an Assumption or Justify question that something you think should be tied to the conclusion doesn't ultimately get mentioned in the correct answer.

For a little more depth on answer choice A, also glance back briefly at Adam's excellent discussion of it in his post at the bottom of page two of this thread. He's right that ultimately answer choice A is not being assumed because what the author really wants the legislators to stop doing is to stop presenting legislation in polemical terms that arouses emotions that prevent consideration of consequences. As long as they do that, the author of the argument will be satisfied. So the author isn't necessarily assuming that the legislators have to become less concerned with their careers. Rather, the author is assuming that the legislators have to stop letting their career concern make them do things that arouse damaging emotions in their colleagues.

I hope this helps!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.