LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Pragmatism
|
I got this question right, and I understand why all the wrong answers choices are wrong as well. However, my only pickle with this question is the question. Now since principle questions come in various formats, is this question solely a principle question, or is it a Sufficient Assumption/ Principle question, or Strengthen Principle question?

I would greatly appreciate the answer. Also, I would like to know, what indicators did you use to get to the question type?

Thanks
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Pragmatism,

Thanks for the question! Principle questions are always attached to other types; they are never standalone types. So, it's always something like Weaken-PR or Must-Pr, etc.

In this case, the language in the stem—"The reasoning above most closely conforms to"—represents the idea of Strengthen-PR.

As a reference, this is covered in chapter 21 of the LRB, and in the Principle section of the LSAT course, depending on which one you have/are using.

Please let me know if that helps. Thanks!
 DanCorbin51986
|
Adding to this to explain why the answers are correct/incorrect..

A.) Nothing mentions this in the stimulus
B.) Could be correct but it wasn't what the author was pointing to
C.) The author never stated that red ink shouldn't be used
D.) The last 2 sentence states it should be locked away if it will be damaged. This is the correct answer.
E.) Not relevant
 James Finch
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Dan,

Looks like a good explanation, keep up the good work!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.