LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

cdunne9
|
Hi,

I don't understand why (b) is correct since it doesn't show necessarily how Stuart influenced West (unless we assume that West is influenced through the meetings and then goes to work), but this seems to be out of the scope of what we can assume, rather than most strongly supported.

Since it shows Stuart's work used West's terminology, I thought this was sufficient evidence to prove that Stuart's work was at least somewhat influenced by West and selected response (d).
 Luke Haqq
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi cdunne9!

The correct answer to this one is (D), so you should be good to go! We know from stimulus that West had some influence on Stuart's work.
 lilmissunshine
|
Hello,

I was wondering why (A) is incorrect. Is it too much of a stretch? Many thanks!
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
"Too much of a stretch" is another way of saying that the evidence doesn't support that conclusion, and I think that's exactly what's wrong with answer A, lilmiss. While the author is suggesting that West indirectly influenced Stuart through Abella, we have no evidence as to what form that indirect influence took. Perhaps through Abella's discussion with Stuart, or perhaps through Abella's writings that Stuart read, or through Abella's behavior, or even just the fact that Abella studied under West caused Stuart to look more closely at West and become directly influenced. There's just no way to know, and no evidence to pick one or another of the many ways that influence could have made it's way through Abella to Stuart.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.