LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

lsatstudier
|
Hi Powerscore!

I was wondering if someone could please explain why the answer is B. I think this is a Main Point question, however, I'm not sure why C and E can be eliminated as possible answer choices. The conditionality in the second sentence was slightly influential in my answer choices. When do you let SN impact Main Point question answer choices? Or, do you need to take this into consideration at all in the answer choice selection?

Thank you so much!
 David Boyle
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
lsatstudier wrote:Hi Powerscore!

I was wondering if someone could please explain why the answer is B. I think this is a Main Point question, however, I'm not sure why C and E can be eliminated as possible answer choices. The conditionality in the second sentence was slightly influential in my answer choices. When do you let SN impact Main Point question answer choices? Or, do you need to take this into consideration at all in the answer choice selection?

Thank you so much!

Hello lsatstudier,

In this Main Point question, answers C and E are premises.
Sufficient and necessary may impact MP answer choices, as in this problem. Diagrams:

open store :arrow: would have publicized
would have publicized
Conclusion: open store

Maybe you could have figured out the conclusion without diagramming, but at least the diagramming and conditional reasoning let you prove and confirm what the conclusion and main point really are.

Hope this helps,
David

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.