LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

ebbylicious
|
Hello!

I have a hard time with these type of questions. I was wondering why the correct answer is B and not D. What would be the best strategy to attack these questions, since they are so rare? I looked through the powerscore LG bible and still am a bit confused :-?
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
The stimulus sets up a "this vs that" scenario, ebbylicious, telling us that success at quitting is more likely to be due to immediate rather than long-term concerns. It then says that peer pressure, an immediate concern, is more likely to lead to success than are health concerns. What's missing that we could use to fill in that blank and complete that argument? The argument only makes sense if health concerns are long-term concerns rather than immediate ones! Otherwise, why would peer pressure have any advantage over health concerns as a motivating factor?

Prephrase that, and look for the answer that confirms that health concerns are long-term rather than immediate, and the argument will then make sense. Anything else gives us no reason to believe that peer pressure is any better than health concerns.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.