LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

landphil
|
sdb606 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:34 pm
Administrator wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:00 am Answer choice (E): At first glance, this seems like an attractive answer because it suggests that
someone’s confidence in answering the survey questions would be a suitable proxy for her
confidence in general. However, there is a difference in scope between being confident in one’s
business acumen and being overconfident in general. Since our job is to strengthen the correlation
between general overconfidence and entrepreneurship, this answer choice falls short of lending the
most support to the psychologist’s conclusion.
I think this explanation is incorrect. E is not discussing confidence in general. It is discussing confidence in responding to questions on a survey. The admin is making a leap by saying that E says that if someone is confident in answering questions, he must be confident in general. If I confidently answer all 100 LSAT questions, that does not mean I am a confident person in general.

I think E is wrong because it requires an additional assumption that someone who believes in his/her own business acumen is more likely to start a business. But an overconfident business manager who believes strongly in his own business acumen isn't necessarily likely to start a new business. Maybe, maybe not. Maybe good business acumen makes the manager more likely to start a new product line vs. a whole new company. A stronger indicator of the likelihood of someone starting a company is if they did it in the past, as in D. Not airtight because past behavior does not guarantee future behavior but it's a stronger indicator than business acumen.
Thank you! I was looking for something like this. This helps!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.