LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

SMR
|
Hi! I had a hard time deciding between (B) and (C). Can some please explain why (B) is correct and why (C) is incorrect? Thanks!
 David Boyle
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
SMR wrote:Hi! I had a hard time deciding between (B) and (C). Can some please explain why (B) is correct and why (C) is incorrect? Thanks!
Hello,

Answer C is something we sort of knew anyway, since the stimulus mentions "research libraries". Answer B is better, since if publishers don't publish certain books in a certain format, how would those books exist in that format?

David
 Kdup
|
Hi powerscore.

I had the same issue. I was between B and C. I initially chose B but.... I changed my answer choice...Because I thought C was the better answer. Is this an example of choosing the "Best" answer?
 James Finch
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi K,

We're trying to strengthen the conclusion that printed books won't soon be replaced by electronic formats, and we know that scientists using research libraries like e-books, the general public obtaining books at public libraries and bookstores does not. So if, as in (B), publishers will continue to provide books in the format preferred by bookstores and public libraries, ie physical books, then physical books won't disappear.

Now if as in (C) scholars don't do research at public libraries, but instead only at research libraries, this doesn't necessarily have any effect on the demand for physical books or publishers willingness to print them, as we have no idea how important the research library market is versus that of the general public: it could be merely 1%, or it could be 99%. Either way, it doesn't necessarily strengthen the conclusion, only the continued demand by the general public for physical books at bookstores and public libraries or publisher decisions can do that.

Hope this helps!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.