LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

moshei24
|
Hi,

I don't see how (B) resolves the paradox. I see how it shows how the Beta Diet hurts in the long run, because it adversely hurts health, but wouldn't it also hurt in the short run? If it adversely affects overall health, then how is it healthier than a more conventional diet? 87% of people got this question right, so it feels odd getting it wrong. What am I missing here? I chose (C), which now looking at it doesn't really help either.

Help?

Thanks!
 moshei24
|
I'm sorry. I just realized that I completely misunderstood (B). It's saying that the condition that the Beta Diet treats adversely affects overall health. So it resolves the paradox because it's showing how even though, yes, the Beta Diet is healthier, but it's usually used to treat something that is very detrimental, so people who use that diet are more likely in the long run to have poor health than those who use the conventional, not because of the diet, but because of the condition. So Beta is still healthier than conventional, but and it's not Beta that causes poor health in the long run, but what it's usually treated for. So it's because most people using Beta are already sick that in the long run they aren't healthy, not because Beta actually hurts them.

Now, I see what LSAT burnout is. You misread answer choices like this.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.