LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

ericau02
|
Hi
Is it possible for anyone to go over this in a different way.Im having trouble understanding the initial explanation.
Maybe break it down, in terms of how the connection was made and breakdown of the ac's as well. I am doing blind review so this is imperative to my understanding of this problem especially since I left it blank during the timed practice test and during blind review.

Thanks
 Brook Miscoski
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Erica,

The stimulus observes that some dogs are closer to wolves than are other dogs, and concludes that those dogs were more recently domesticated.

My reaction is that the stimulus didn't provide any facts to support the idea that a dog's genetics get further from a wolf's with time.

The question asks me for the underlying principle, which I think will have something to do with that time issue.

(A) Close, we'll keep it.
(B) Close, we'll keep it.
(C) Doesn't address the time issue, cross it out.
(D) Doesn't address the time issue, cross it out.
(E) Doesn't address the time issue (dogs need to be different from each other), cross it out.

Let's compare (A) and (B).

(A) Descended Recently :arrow: Closer to Wolves
(B) Closer to Wolves :arrow: Descended Recently

So, we have to decide which is correct and which is the Mistaken Reversal.

The stimulus starts with dogs that are closer to wolves and concludes that they are descended more recently. That matches (B), and answer choice (A) is the Mistaken Reversal.

That's not completely different from the initial explanation (it's not possible, since that explanation is correct). But I hope it helps.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.