LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

gavelgirl
|
Hi,

Can someone please address this concern I have-

If this were an assumption question I know I would have chosen D, and maybe even prephrased it! But I don't see how answer choice C doesn't work for a strengthen question.

Please someone help me, thank you
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Sure thing, gavelgirl! Answer me this: how many distinct compounds are required to produce vanilla?

A lot of folks seem to like answer C here, but they are overlooking the fact that based solely on the stimulus we know NOTHING about what goes into vanilla ice cream. Maybe it's more complex than chocolate? Maybe it uses more compounds? How can the author claim that the difference between chocolate and vanilla, specifically why we can taste the difference between the regular and low-fat versions in vanilla but not in chocolate, is due to the complexity of chocolate unless we know something about the relative complexity of vanilla? We can't strengthen this argument by talking about chocolate, or about complexity, or about numbers of compounds, unless we say SOMETHING about vanilla in the process!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.