LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

marinasofia
|
The question I have is regarding #11 from PrepTest 72 (June 2014), section 2 LR about businesses who frequently use customer surveys.

I selected answer choice E that some businesses included in the study did not analyze the results of the customer surveys. I thought this would be correct because not analyzing the surveys could lead to not addressing a significant problem which could lead to a decline in profits.

The correct answer was C, that most businesses of the kind included in the study generally administer customer surveys only as a response to complaints by customers. I don't see how this would cause a business's profits to decline. If a customer complains, they likely have already bought the product, meaning the sale would have still been made and profit made. So how would surveys administered to unsatisfied customers lead to a decline in profit?

On a side note - can "however" be a conclusion indicator?

Thanks for the help!
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
marinasofia wrote:The question I have is regarding #11 from PrepTest 72 (June 2014), section 2 LR about businesses who frequently use customer surveys.

I selected answer choice E that some businesses included in the study did not analyze the results of the customer surveys. I thought this would be correct because not analyzing the surveys could lead to not addressing a significant problem which could lead to a decline in profits.

The correct answer was C, that most businesses of the kind included in the study generally administer customer surveys only as a response to complaints by customers. I don't see how this would cause a business's profits to decline. If a customer complains, they likely have already bought the product, meaning the sale would have still been made and profit made. So how would surveys administered to unsatisfied customers lead to a decline in profit?

On a side note - can "however" be a conclusion indicator?

Thanks for the help!
Hi Marina!

I have moved your post to the thread discussing this topic. Please review the previous discussion, particularly the official explanation here: lsat/viewtopic.php?f=482&t=10646, and let us know if that helps!

BTW we have our forum already separated by practice test, and section/question number, so you can easily find explanations like these! Let me know if you need help navigating to a particular test! :)

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.