LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Please post your questions below! Thank you!
 CommodoreDave
|
I get the distinct feeling I am over-analyzing this, but really quickly- my final 2 contenders were (B) and (E), and the reason (E) is incorrect is that the first speaker, Annette, never spoke to the idea of undue influence?

Whereas the second speaker Sefu implied disagreement that he should take the town council on a trip to visit other towns, which means they both were discussing taking the trip, held different stances on whether he should or shouldn't, and thus (B) is the correct answer?

Thanks for the clarification!
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Dave,

You are right on target. Because this is a point at issue question, we have to know what each speaker would say about a certain answer choice. Our correct answer will be one where we know one speaker agrees and the other disagrees. If we don't have information about what each speaker would say, it's incorrect.

So for answer choice (E), we don't know if Annette believes it's an issue of undue influence. She might, or might not, but we can't say for certain based only on the information in the stimulus. Answer choice (B) is a different situation. Annette explicitly states that they should take the trip. Sefu is clear he doesn't believe they should, and give additional information in the form of his reason why he doesn't think it's a good idea. So answer choice (B) is our correct answer here.

Hope that helped.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.