LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

Justify the Conclusion. The correct answer choice is (D).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 srcline@noctrl.edu
|
Hello

So I just wanted to check my reasoning on this. So the question stem states that "the arguments conclusion follows logically if which one of the following is assumed? The conclusion is " unless the critics are mistaken Mallotech is not accurately portraying itself to the public. So I noticed in the first sentence it mentions "socially responsible", would this be the new or rogue element that we are trying to connect? So this is a sufficient assumption question.

the Stimulus
+

D: a socially responsible company would not have employees working in unsanitary conditions.
=
Conclusion: Unless these critics are mistaken, then Mallotech is not accurately portraying itself to the public.

Thankyou
Sarah
 Jonathan Evans
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Sarah,

Good. Yes, good job identifying the "rogue element." You need to establish that employees working in unsanitary conditions implies that a company is irresponsible.

The key is in fact the "unless these critics are mistken." In other words, "assuming the critics are correct that workers are working in unsanitary conditions, then the company is not portraying itself accurately (i.e. it is not socially responsible)." You've done a good job noticing how these phrases in the conclusion relate back to concepts introduced in the premises.

All together, the argument is structured thus:
  • P1: Mallotech claims to be socially responsible.
    P2: Critics charge workers work in unsanitary conditions.
    P3: Assume the critics are correct.

C: Mallotech is not socially responsible.
To provide sufficient information to make the conclusion valid, you need something to the effect of:
  • Workers in unsanitary conditions :arrow: not socially responsible
Answer choice (D) does this.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.