LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

KelseyWoods
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi PresidentLSAT!

Strong language is harder to prove which is why it's something we're wary of in MBT/MSS answer choices--but it's not something that makes an answer choice automatically incorrect. It just means that we need to have strong language in the stimulus to support the strong language in the answer choice. So that's always what you ask yourself when you see a strong statement in an answer choice: do I have strong enough language in the stimulus to support this strong statement?

But one thing to be specifically on the lookout for is conditional statements. Conditional language is inherently strong so if you have conditional language in the stimulus, then you can support a more strongly worded answer choice. That's the case that we have here: that last sentence is conditional and sets up a strong and absolute relationship that supports answer choice (C). Conditional relationships are absolute, which means they can support other absolute statements.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Kelsey
 ashpine17
|
Why is E problematic? Is it because it’s too broad? Like it talks about responsibilities generally and not just what outsiders need for creative solutions?
 ashpine17
|
Is the fact that it says should a problem? Maybe not enough to take it out as an answer but a flaw nonetheless? Should is more of a judgement and the stimulus was more factual? Or does all this not matter?
 Robert Carroll
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
ashpine,

Why should outsiders be properly trained before being given responsibility? If they attempt creativity, that would be a problem, but why would we assume any outsider would automatically try to solve something creatively? And in the absence of such a situation, the stimulus presents no problem with an outsider being given responsibility in a field.

Robert Carroll
 wdrosenfeld@yahoo.com
|
I kind of think this question is really messed up.

I don't think that the stimulus of the question does a good enough job to equate 'creative solutions' the problem being solved, cant there be 'creative solutions' that are also wrong.

If anyone could shed some light on this I would appreciate it.
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi wdrosenfeld,

The stimulus specifies that the solutions from the outsiders are expected to be "useful." That would indicate that the creative solutions are expected to work and solve the problem. So for a solution to be effective, it has to come from someone with knowledge, someone who is an insider.

Hope that helps!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.