LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

Strengthen—Principle. The correct answer choice is (A).

Answer choice (A): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 gwlsathelp
|
This is a Justify Principle question and the correct answer is A. I selected answer D, which is wrong. I think that I treated this simply as a justify question because I think that would have been a good answer for that, but I needed to think more abstractly. Any thoughts on answering this question?
 KelseyWoods
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi gwlsathelp!

Actually, this is a Strengthen-Principle question. Note that "most helps to justify" is a Strengthen question--Justify questions won't have a "most" in front of the term justify.

For Strengthen-Principle questions, identify the conclusion, identify the premises, and then look for a broad rule in the answer choices that basically says "yeah, that conclusion should follow from those premises."

Here, the conclusion is: "steps should be taken to educate people about the ethical use of the Internet." Why does the author say that steps should be taken to educate people about the ethical use of the Internet? Because "People seem to feel more free to harm others through the Internet than in person, suggesting that people feel less morally constrained when they use the Internet." So we're basically looking for an answer choice that says education will help fix the problem of people acting immorally on the Internet. Answer choice (A) does this by stating that "Education about the ethical use of a tool increases one’s sense of moral responsibility regarding its use."

Answer choice (D) doesn't really have anything to do with the conclusion of the argument (about education) and, thus, does not strengthen the argument.

When you have a stimulus with an argument, be sure to always carefully identify the conclusion, identify the premises, and ask yourself why the premises support that conclusion.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Kelsey

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.