LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?t=2416)

The correct answer choice is (C)

If Bob and Anna fly on the same plane, we can infer that Dave is not on that plane because
D :dblline: A. Hence, Dave must fly with Cindy (because he must fly with Bob or Cindy, and Bob is on a plane that Dave cannot be on), and it follows that answer choice (C) is correct.

Answer choice (D) is incorrect because Ed and Fran do not have to fly with Dave and Cindy. The same type of reasoning can be used to eliminate answer choice (A).
 alexis.la
|
Hi Dave! quick question.

I understand the logic that Dave needs to fly with Cindy, because as a copilot he needs a pilot, and Cindy is all that's left.
I originally selected C, but then changed to D, BECAUSE of this rule:
"Copilots Dave, Ed, and Fran are all aboard planes that are flying in the show and they are the only qualified copilots in the show."
The fact that they're all aboard a plane means they need to be accounted for, and there's only 2 planes flying in this situation. So wouldn't they have to go with Cindy as well?

Funnily, as I typed this reply, I realized Fran and Ed aren't restricted so they COULD go with Anna and Bob. and its a Must be true question, that's why D doesn't have to be correct.

Clearly, writing out "why is this answer incorrect?" helped me answer my own question. This a good habit haha.
 Bob O'Halloran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Alexis,
Good job working through this! You are correct, asking "why is this incorrect?" can help you understand the games. Keep up the good work.
Bob

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.