LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

relona
|
Hi!
I understood this question but I went about it a different way. Once I saw how many animals could be in each cage, I created numerical distributions. From there, I realized I could create all the possibilities for the game. I came up 4 possibilities. Would that be another way to go about it or would you suggest I stick to the way you guys did it?

Thanks!

-relona
 atierney
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hello,

In general, you want to focus on the method that works best for you, so as long as you are using a method that is accurate, then it's fine to use even if it conflicts with a "book method."

The only caveat I would caution is that there are actually eight possible solutions: there are two combinations for the first two cages and four combinations for the latter cages, making a total of eight combinations.

Otherwise, however, the methodology (using the rules to guide your numerical distribution list of the game, which, in turn, guides the possible solutions) seems sound.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this game.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.