LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
You may be overlooking the rule that S and P cannot visit the same city as each other. That's what prevents a 5-0-0 distribution where all of the students go to a single city.
 allie199521
|
One of the example questions using this series of logical statements says:
"Which of the following is a complete and accurate list of students any one of which could visit Vancouver in March?"
A) Hubert, Lori, Regina (WRONG): Lori no go vancouver
B) Hubert, Regina, Sharon (book says is wrong, i think is correct)
C) Paul Regina and Sharon (WRONG) sharon and paul don't go to the same city
D) Huber Paul Regina Sharon (RIGHT BY BOOK) but i say its wrong because paul and sharon can't go to the same city.
E) Hubert Lori, Paul Regina Sharon (WRONG) Lori can't go to V.

Please advise why the book says the answer is D, but I am under the impression that it is B. Hubert can be in Vancouver even if Paul isn't there. Their explanation is that D is the full list. But again, Sharon and Paul aren't going to the same city.

Any explanation would be appreciated, Thanks!!
 Jeff Wren
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Allie,

Quick question. Which book are you referring to? (Is it an older edition of "The Logic Games Bible" by any chance?) I don't see this game in the 2022 edition, so I just wanted to double-check.

Based on the information that you've given, it looks like Answer B is correct and the book listed the wrong answer.

There is a list or errors/errata for the different editions of "The Logic Games Bible" on the PowerScore website.

There are a few errata in some of the previous editions, so I'd recommend you look them up if you're using one of these editions. It will save you some time/aggravation.
 zwglanz@gmail.com
|
I just did December 1992 Questions 1-6 and I set it up thinking that variables can repeat. Is there an automatic assumption that variables don't repeat? Does every game that has repeating variables tell you explicitly - either through the rules or through the stimulus - that there are variables that repeat?
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
zwglanz@gmail.com wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:21 pm I just did December 1992 Questions 1-6 and I set it up thinking that variables can repeat. Is there an automatic assumption that variables don't repeat? Does every game that has repeating variables tell you explicitly - either through the rules or through the stimulus - that there are variables that repeat?
Hi zwglanz,

Thanks for the post. I have moved your post to the thread discussing this topic. Please review the official explanation on page one of this thread, as well as the discussion on this thread, and let us know if you still have further questions. Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.