LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

sunnymaize
|
This question stumped me from the first question, because I diagrammed it wrong. I did not include Thursday in my diagram, which thus gave me three possible scenarios for the "She lectures in the afternoon on exactly two consecutive calendar days" rule. Does anyone have any advice on how to not make such an oversight for future games? If I saw
this on the LSAT, I know I wouldn't have thought to have included Thursday. I'm confused on why I should have been expected to. By this logic, why am I not including Sunday in the diagram?
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
You CAN include Sunday, and many students do make that choice, blocking that day off just like we blocked off Thursday. Whenever you are given a sequence with an obvious missing item in the order, it's a good idea to include it and block it out. Imagine, for example, a sequence of June, August, September, October, and December. July and November are missing, but you should include them and cross them out in anticipation of questions about "consecutive calendar months" or "the month immediately preceding," etc. Or what if the sequence involves 10am, 11am, noon, 2pm, and 3pm - 1pm is skipped, so you should add it to the base and cross it out, because you are likely to find yourself facing a rule or a question about "exactly one hour later" or something similar to that.

When something is left out of an order, it isn't an accident - it's a trap! Be on the lookout for those sorts of things so you don't fall into them!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.