LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

James Finch
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi LS Newbie,

It looks like you're forgetting that F can never go after J, so option 1 would break that rule. There is another possibility that you didn't list, that of putting I first, and it would look like this:

I-F-J-I-J

Aside from that, the only two other possibilities are the ones you listed--all of them require I to appear twice.

Hope this clears things up!
 hope
|
Why can't A be just as true? F I J I J. Here, F works only one day a week
Why can't B be just as true? F I F I J. Here, F works two days a week
Why can't D be just as true? F I F I J Here, J works only one day a week.

I guess I don't get it. Does it have something to do with the "must be true" requirement? Thanks.
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
hope wrote:Why can't A be just as true? F I J I J. Here, F works only one day a week
Why can't B be just as true? F I F I J. Here, F works two days a week
Why can't D be just as true? F I F I J Here, J works only one day a week.

I guess I don't get it. Does it have something to do with the "must be true" requirement? Thanks.
Hi Hope,

It does indeed have to do with the Must Be True requirement! What you are doing above is showing a single example and saying that shows the answer could be true. Yes, it does, but the standard here is Must, not Could. And so if I can find an exception to the answer—and we did that on the prior page—then the answer is wrong.

One tip here: note that all your examples keep showing I working twice a week, which turns out to be the correct answer.

Does that help?

Thanks!
 hope
|
Yes it does Dave. I'm happy again. :-D

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.