LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?t=2035)

The correct answer choice is (B)

If J works on Thursday, and F works twice during the week, then from the fourth rule F must work twice in the Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday span. From the third rule, we can then conclude that F works on Monday and Wednesday:
J94_Game_#2_#10_diagram 1.png
From this information, we can eliminate answer choices (A), (D), and (E). Answer choice (C) can also be eliminated because if H were to work on Tuesday, then G would have to work on Wednesday, which is not possible in this question. Hence, answer choice (B) is correct (Remember, G can work on any given day, irrespective of H—don’t make a Mistaken Reversal!).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 bella243
|
The way I approached this is that because there's no space for HG block, H cannot work this week but G can. I eliminated A, C, E, and concluded that G can be on Tuesday. Is my thinking correct?
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Perfect, bella243! Either G or I on Tuesday, and either G or I on Friday, because H is out, F cannot work a third day, F cannot work after J, and J cannot go two days in a row.
 lsat_student0543
|
Couldn't F and J both work on Thursday? That would allow F to work on Tuesday without ever working later in the week than J.
Administrator wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:09 pm Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?t=2035)

The correct answer choice is (B)

If J works on Thursday, and F works twice during the week, then from the fourth rule F must work twice in the Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday span. From the third rule, we can then conclude that F works on Monday and Wednesday:

J94_Game_#2_#10_diagram 1.png

From this information, we can eliminate answer choices (A), (D), and (E). Answer choice (C) can also be eliminated because if H were to work on Tuesday, then G would have to work on Wednesday, which is not possible in this question. Hence, answer choice (B) is correct (Remember, G can work on any given day, irrespective of H—don’t make a Mistaken Reversal!).
 KelseyWoods
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi lsat_student0543!

The first rule tells us: "Except for Saturday and Sunday, when none of them works, exactly one of the firefighters works each day." That means that we can't have both F and J working on Thursday.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Kelsey

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.