LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

ehilliard
|
Hello,

I had a quick question on #122 from Problem Set 2. I settled on answer B because the stimulus discusses how flowers can put themselves at great risk if only one type of bee can pollinate them. The stimulus goes on to provide a hypothetical re careless use of pesticides.

I see that E mirrors the other stimulus claim that bees put themselves at risk if they evolve to only have the ability to pollinate one flower.

What distinguishes B from E? Is there a sort of MR situation with B that I failed to identify?

Thanks!
 Emily Haney-Caron
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hello!

You are absolutely correct - B is a mistaken reversal. Just because when the sole pollinator is going extinct, the plant is also in danger, DOES NOT mean that when the sole pollinator is not going extinct the plant will be fine. The contrapositive would be that when the plant is not in danger, then the sole pollinator is not going extinct, not the other way around. Therefore, E is the correct answer.
 ehilliard
|
Thanks for the clarification! I need to be more careful to avoid those :)

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.