LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?f=370&p=92208)

The correct answer choice is (B).

This is the most difficult question of the game. The condition in the question stem creates the following block-sequence:

G1-Q4-d1.png

Because the earliest R could be is 4th, from the third rule we can deduce that T must be 3rd. Thus, the PSR block has only two options: 4-6 or 5-7.

When the block is in 4-6, U must be 1st or 2nd. Because Q > W, Q must also be 1st or 2nd, and W must be last. When the block is in 5-7, the remaining three unplaced variables—U, Q, and W—have several options, although from the first rule Q can never be 4th and W can never be 1st.

These are the resulting two diagrams:

G1-Q4-d2.png

Accordingly, T can never be immediately in front of Q, and answer choice (B) is correct.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 bella243
|
Could someone please so kindly show a quick way to solve question 4? My approach - trying answer choices - was rather time consuming. Aside from hypotheticals, my thinking was that T had to be placed before PSR.

Thanks so much!
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
bella243 wrote:Could someone please so kindly show a quick way to solve question 4? My approach - trying answer choices - was rather time consuming. Aside from hypotheticals, my thinking was that T had to be placed before PSR.

Thanks so much!
Hi Bella!

Thanks for the post! Dave has updated this question with an official explanation above. :D Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.