LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Lina
|
Hello, I am reviewing February 1996, the first practice exam in the The Official LSAT Superprep book. Can you show me how to diagram question 6 using the powercore method? Is this a combination game of linear and grouping? If you can direct me to the section I can review using Powerscores Course books & the LGB that would be very helpful.

Each of the five salespeople- F,G,H,I and J, will present a different one of a company's products- L,M,N,O and P, at a convention running from Monday through Wednesday. Exactly two products will be presented on Monday, exactly one on Tuesday and exactly two on Wednesday. The scheduling of presentations is governed by the following conditions:
F cannot present a product on the same day as H.
Either I or else J must present product N on Tuesday. G must present a product on the day that product O is presented, whether or not G is the salesperson who presents product O.

Thanks in advance for your help!
 David Boyle
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Lina wrote:Hello, I am reviewing February 1996, the first practice exam in the The Official LSAT Superprep book. Can you show me how to diagram question 6 using the powercore method? Is this a combination game of linear and grouping? If you can direct me to the section I can review using Powerscores Course books & the LGB that would be very helpful.

Each of the five salespeople- F,G,H,I and J, will present a different one of a company's products- L,M,N,O and P, at a convention running from Monday through Wednesday. Exactly two products will be presented on Monday, exactly one on Tuesday and exactly two on Wednesday. The scheduling of presentations is governed by the following conditions:
F cannot present a product on the same day as H.
Either I or else J must present product N on Tuesday. G must present a product on the day that product O is presented, whether or not G is the salesperson who presents product O.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Hello Lina,

This, too, may be an advanced linear game (like the one I just discussed with you), and if you make separate stacks for the days, the folks, and the products, that could help a lot.
Obviously, blocks, conditionals, etc., can also be helpful. (Conditionals really come into play in grouping games, though they can appear in other games too.) So do look up the "advanced linear game" section, and that should be very useful.

Hope that helps,
David
 AJH
|
Hello,

I am also reviewing from the Superprep book and am having a hard time figuring out the diagram. Would you use the days of the week as the base?I have drawn it out a couple of ways one with 6 slots and one with 18. It seems that 6 slots would be more simple, but I am having a hard time placing three groups of variables. Please help!
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Thanks for asking, AJH, but I have to wonder if you are maybe looking at a different game than the one this thread is for. The game here has 5 salespeople, 5 products, and 3 days, and it gives us a defined numerical distribution of people/products to days of 2-1-2. That's how I would set this one up, with Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday as the base, and then pairs of slots above each day to represent the person and the product they present. Four slots on Monday, two on Tuesday (and go ahead and put N in the slot for the Tuesday product), and four on Wednesday. That's 10 slots for the two sets of 5 variables each.

If you were looking at another game, please post again in the thread for that game. If this was the game you were working on, I hope that helped.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.