LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

MarkfromVA
|
Hi Kelsey, I really was confused on rule #1 I clearly understand that PY -> R or YP ->R but I have seen some examples like PY -> RPYR (Why could it not be ROGG for example, like it does must have another pair of PY .The rule just says

If a purple bead (1) is adjacent to a yellow bead, (PY) any (1)bead that immediately follows (ok so PY -> R) and any bead that immediately precedes that pair must be red. (If you had PY 2 nd or 3rd I see RPYP but what PY is 1 and 2 then your rule is done at 3 Right? This part was confusing and I know question 18 with 9 beads relies on this rule.

Thanks
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
The strand doesn't require a PY/YP, but if it does have PY/YP, any bead before that and any after must be red. That doesn't mean there has to be a bead before or a bead after. But if there is, it has to be red. This rule is powerful because R's are otherwise limited. R can't go next to another R or an O (so your example of ROGG wouldn't work according to these rules).

Does that help? If you have specific questions on 18, please feel free to ask on that thread!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.