LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?t=1845)

The correct answer choice is (B)

If Y is interviewed at some time after X, then Z must be interviewed on Friday or Saturday. Thus, the hostile witnesses must be interviewed on either Monday-Tuesday or Tuesday-Wednesday. Accordingly, answer choice (B) is correct.
 is478
|
Administrator wrote:Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: https://forum.powerscore.com/lsat/viewtopic.php?t=1845)

The correct answer choice is (B)

If Y is interviewed at some time after X, then Z must be interviewed on Friday or Saturday. Thus, the hostile witnesses must be interviewed on either Monday-Tuesday or Tuesday-Wednesday. Accordingly, answer choice (B) is correct.
Hi!

I'm having trouble identifying how (B) is the right answer. This is the only Q I got wrong in the game.

In the frame with Tues and Wed reserved for hostile witnesses, we only have two slots of Monday left. Thurs a.m. is established for X. Keeping the U--(Q,R)--Y--X--Z constraints in mind, if Y is before X, then we need three slots for U, (Q,R), and Y. But we only have two slots available on Monday, then U invariably falls outside the frame. This is why I eliminated the frame with Tues and Wed reserved for hostile witnesses while answering this Q. Can you tell me where I'm going wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Iti
 Paul Marsh
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi is478!
is478 wrote:if Y is before X
That's where you went wrong. The question tells us that Y goes after X, not before. I've definitely made that mistake before - just make sure to read carefully! Now that you know Y goes after X, try this one again and see how it goes.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.