LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

LSAT2018
|
I`ve arrived at the inference from the rule If H is on a team, K must be the organizer.
H (Team) → K (Organizer)
Because this is a two-value system, the contrapositive can be:
K (Team) → H (Organizer)

So given the statements above, either H or K must be the organizer, and no other person would be able to do so. This could be related to the other rules such as If G is on a team, either H or I must also be on that team. G cannot be the organizer.

Would this be correct? Are there any other important inferences needed before I solve the questions?
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Absolutely correct! That means one of the teams has G paired with either H or I, so H and I can never be together. That also means that M is on one of the other two teams and P is on the other, since they cannot be together and neither can be the Organizer. And finally, since L cannot be the organizer, L must be paired with either M or P. Those inferences will answer several of the questions! Good job, LSAT2018!

While hypothetical solutions are not absolutely required in order to do well on this game, there is a powerful one lurking there for you to scoop up if you try it. What if H is the Organizer?

When that happens, K is on a team, and must be paired with M per the second rule.

L must therefore be with P, per those inferences.

G must be with I, because H is not on a team.

H as Organizer solves the entire game! Whoo-hoo!

Sadly, K as Organizer isn't quite so sexy, as it leaves us with many possible combinations. Still, not a bad way to start your attack on the questions, right?

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.