LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?t=9037)

The correct answer choice is (B)

The question stem creates an RL block. Because from the second rule L must teach on day 3, R must also be scheduled for day 3:
J97_Game_#2_#8_diagram 1.png
At this point, the TJSM block must be placed on days 1 and 2 as there is no room for it to be placed elsewhere:
J97_Game_#2_#8_diagram 2.png
Session O must be taught on day 4, as that is the only remaining day with no session. Additionally, because R can only be taught once, we can infer that L only teaches once. Because L teaches only once, and as discussed previously J cannot teach twice, F must be the nurse who teaches twice. Since J teaches on day 1 and L teaches on day 3, it follows that F must teach on day 2 and day 4:
J97_Game_#2_#8_diagram 3.png
Since F does not appear in answer choices (C), (D), and (E), they can be eliminated. Answer choice (A) can be eliminated because F and T cannot teach together from the third rule (and because T must teach on day 1 only). Answer choice (B) is thus proven correct by process of elimination.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 LustingFor!L
|
I don't understand how we know L cannot teach twice. I get stuck between E and B, because of this.

Thanks!
 Clay Cooper
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi LustingFor!L,

We are told in the question stem that L is scheduled for only one session - R.

I think maybe you have just overlooked the added, local rule in reviewing the question. Don't sweat it - I do that too, it's super frustrating.

Thanks for your post! Keep working hard.
 LustingFor!L
|
Haha I realized later this is exactly what I did. Sometimes I think sleep needs to be a priority vs studying :-D

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.