LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?t=14920)

The correct answer choice is (B)

The correct answer choice is (B), because, as discussed in question #15's explanation,
(lsat/viewtopic.php?t=17081), if FM is on team 2, that forces the only remaining anthropologist, J, on to team 1. But if J is on team 1, then R is forced into team 2, and R can never be placed with M.
 T.B.Justin
|
If J on team 2 -> F on team 1
If R on team 2 -> F on team 2

F can't be on more than one team, so does this just imply that F could go on either team or that F is out?

I am having a hard time understanding how J and R can be on team 2 when the rule puts F at 1 and F at 2
 Robert Carroll
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
T,

I'm not sure where those inferences are coming from. Because they're contrary to each other, and answer choice (E) is an acceptable pair to be on team 2 together, that means those inferences can't both be true. I don't see any such inferences in the setup as linked in this thread either. Can you let me know where you got them from?

Robert Carroll
 T.B.Justin
|
Edit: Those inferences are erroneous

I believe I made some unwarranted assumptions coming up with those inferences :roll: (making up my own rules I suppose lol)

I understand that J and R can be on team 2 together.

I went through this game again and overlooked the "team 2," reading carefully its a struggle of mine :-D

I understand that F + M cannot be on team 2 together since that would violate the combined third and fourth rule.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.