LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?t=9142)

The correct answer choice is (C)

This is an interesting question because it reveals that at least one of the treatments can never be prescribed. If you did not discover which treatment was unprescribable, then use hypotheticals created during the game to attack this question. For example, the hypothetical from question #18 shows that G, U, and W can be prescribed, and thus answer choices (A), (D), and (E) can be eliminated. The choice is then down to N or U, and you could quickly make a hypothetical to prove or disprove one of the two answers (or, perhaps, you could use the partial hypothetical from question #19 to realize that M can be prescribed). In any event, do not panic if you reach a global question such as this one—relax and use your prior work to quickly solve the question. Note also that this question shows that you do not have to make every inference initially to succeed in a game!
 LeslyLSATinLA
|
so would this be one of the first inferences I should be making along with setting up the game? I guess on this one, but would like to learn a faster or better way at coming to this inference.
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
It could be, Lesley, but might not be, depending on how you went about setting it up. Our discussion of the initial setup of the game is in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=333&t=9142

As you'll see there, you could create multiple templates, and in doing so this would be an inference that you would get right from the beginning. I chose to do this game that way because I love doing the templates approach, and I saw that having just one diet was going to restrict the game enough to make that approach helpful.

But as we said there, you could also just proceed with the initial set of inferences based on combining different conditional rules, in which case you might not make this inference at first. Instead, you would likely discover it while doing this last question, mainly by comparing the answer choices to your prior local diagrams. A little extra time spent at the beginning, or some time saved at the beginning that may be spent later - it looks like you could really go either way with this one.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.