LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?f=332&t=3599)

The correct answer choice is (B)

As discussed during the setup, R must conform to an A-I-A-I-A-I lineup. Hence, R must evaluate an advanced textbook during week 3, and answer choice (B) is correct.
 cpihl13
|
Could someone please explain this one as to why it is A? I picked answer B. It seemed like all of these "could" be true, but it was difficult for me to pin down which one exactly "must" be true.

Thanks,
-Cole
 KelseyWoods
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Cole!

The answer to #14 is (B), not (A). So if you picked (B) then you got it correct! (Unless you meant to post this for a different question?)

Best,
Kelsey
 cpihl13
|
Kelsey,
Sorry, I meant to say that I picked answer choice "A", and wanted to know why the answer was "B".

Thanks!
 KelseyWoods
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Cole!

The inference in answer choice (B) comes from a combination of two rules:

Rosenberg cannot evaluate any introductory textbook until Juarez has evaluated that textbook.
Rosenberg cannot evaluate any two introductory textbooks consecutively.

Since Rosenberg cannot evaluate any intro textbook until Juarez has evaluated that textbook, that means that Rosenberg cannot evaluate an intro textbook during the first week. Since Rosenberg cannot evaluate any two intro textbooks consecutively, that means the only way left to separate the three intro textbooks among weeks 2-6 is to have one of them in week 2, one in week 4, and one in week 6. That leaves weeks 1, 3, and 5 for the advanced textbooks. Thus, Rosenberg must evaluate an advanced textbook during week 3, and answer choice (B) is correct.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Kelsey

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.