LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (B)

The question asks for a flavoring that must be included in the contestant’s main-dish recipe. When L and P are included in the same recipe, they must be in the main dish recipe, and thus L or P would be a correct answer. L appears in answer choice (B), and therefore (B) is correct.
 LeslyLSATinLA
|
so I understand why L and P must go in the main dish recipe, but I also know that means S, N and G must also go in the main dish. My question is how do I avoid choosing answer choices A, C, and D since I know those also belong in the main dish? I somehow got it correct by choosing B, but I did think about for a while and on test day I want to not have that doubt in my head.
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Check out the templates in our main setup in this thread, Lesley: viewtopic.php?f=330&t=11524

L and P can be together in the Main Dish in two different templates. The first one we drew there also had N and G, but the third one had L, P, and F in the Main Dish, with N and G in the Appetizer. That means that while N or G could be in the Main Dish, they don't have to be. The same is true about F - it could be there, but it doesn't have to be. Also, S never has to be in the Main Dish, because it is always interchangeable with T!

It turns out that when L and P are together, they both must be in the Main Dish, and none of the other variables are forced into that group. Some other things have to be there, but none of them are definitively placed there!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.