LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?t=2316)

The correct answer choice is (E)

According to the condition in the question stem, K and L speak the same language. Since L speaks Spanish or Russian, K must speak Spanish or Russian, and it follows that K must be assigned to X or Z. Because every guide must be assigned at least one tourist, this leaves only M or N to be assigned to V. Since V speaks French, it follows that M or N must speak French, and thus answer choice (E) is correct.
 rameday
|
I was curious about this question.

Based on my answer i had two templates drawn

In the first template where KL is together on Z i have a m/n dual option on V & x

in the second template where K is X and L is Z i have that at least one of m/n has to be on V.

So my two answers were D & E. I chose E because it was a conditional question and E made a more sensible answer based on the kind of work you would have to deduce to get to the two templates. Also technically when you compare both templates shouldn't D have to say at lease three tourists speak french for it to be MBT? Obviously in the 2nd template four tourists could speak french with mn on V

A
 Lucas Moreau
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hello, rameday,

Yes, this game is really quite something, isn't it! You correctly set up your templates of KL together on Z and K being with X while L was with Z. Well done! :-D

D doesn't have to be true! It is entirely possible for there to be only one tourist that speaks French, even with the rules imposed by answer choice D. Imagine the following:

H speaks Turkish with Y
I speaks Turkish with Y
K speaks Russian/Spanish with Z
L speaks Russian/Spanish with Z
M speaks French with V
N speaks Turkish with X

That scenario violates no rules and has only one tourist speaking French, so D cannot be the correct answer choice, leaving E as you said.

Hope that helps,
Lucas Moreau

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.