LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?t=2316)

The correct answer choice is (E)

The condition in the question stem sets up a 2-2-1-1 distribution:
J98_Game_#2_#11_diagram 1.png
As always, K, M, and N remain to be assigned, one of which will be assigned to V (and thus speak French) and the other two will be assigned to X (and speak Turkish or Spanish). As such, only answer choice (E) could be true, and is therefore correct.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 raiyanhossain
|
Why can't it be D?
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
In order for both K and M to speak Spanish, raiyanhossain, we would have to assign both of them to X (because V speaks only French). But we have a rule that if K is assigned to X, M must speak French, and thus could not be assigned to X, who speaks only Spanish and Turkish. With two people being assigned to X (per the local restriction in this question), that pair must be either K and N or else M and N. N, therefore, must be assigned to X and must speak Turkish or Spanish (which quickly eliminates answer A, B, and C). Answer E fits the assignments because it would mean K is assigned to X and M is assigned to V, who speaks French.
 apallas
|
Hello!

I am having trouble understanding why answer choice C (Norma speaks French and Klaus speaks Turkish.) is not correct.
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
apallas wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:50 pm Hello!

I am having trouble understanding why answer choice C (Norma speaks French and Klaus speaks Turkish.) is not correct.
Hi apallas!

Thanks for the post, and welcome to the forum!

I have moved your post to the thread discussing this question. Please review the explanations on this thread—particularly Adam's comment, as it mentions why A, B, and C are incorrect—and let us know if that helps, or if you still have further questions!

As a side note, we have a specific sorting system on the forum to make it easier for students to find what they're looking for. :-D The forum is sorted by Section Type (LG, LR, RC) -> Test # -> Section (LG Game, LR Section, or RC Passage) -> Question #. Also, there's a section in your course Online Student Center that will link to a document with the homework game explanations. Let me know if you need assistance finding that! :)

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.