LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?t=6851)

The correct answer choice is (D)

Answer choice (D) is the correct answer choice. This scenario would leave three lizards and three snakes unplaced. Because lizards and snakes cannot live together, there is no allowable placement for these reptiles in habitats 3, 4, and 5.

The remaining four answer choices could be true and are thus incorrect.
 ava17
|
Is the best way to get to this answer using hypotheticals, or is there a faster way?
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Speaking for myself, ava, I think templates are the best way to attack this game. The numerical distributions really drive that approach here. Doing the templates up front, in the diagramming stage and before doing any of the questions, will make the rest of the game pretty much a breeze. Without that approach, I think you would find yourself doing way too many local diagrams for each question, wasting a lot of time and effort.

So, if by hypotheticals you mean templates in the main diagram, then yes, that is the best way. If you mean testing out each answer choice to see if you can make them work with a hypothetical solution, then no, that is not a good way to approach this one. Build the template and the rest will come. Answer D becomes clear because whenever you have an empty cage, the snakes must be in pairs rather than having any single snakes. Boom, done! No need to draw anything out for this question because the templates already provided the answer.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.