LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

crispycrispr
|
With these types of games (conditionals), I usually have most trouble with questions that don't have the sufficient conditions. I never know where else things could go. For example, in Question 4, when it says that if H is 2, that doesn't really tell me the definitive placements about other elements. What's the best way to deal with these situations?

Additionally, i'm not really sure if I'm wasting time trying the older games, but I have found them to be harder than the more recent ones.
 KelseyWoods
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi crispycrispr!

H being 2nd may not be a sufficient condition in the conditional rule, but H is in another rule--that last one that tells us that G has to be on the day right after H! So if H is on day 2, that means G is on day 3. Do we have any other rules with G? No. Do we have any other rules about slot 3? Yes! F can only go in 3 or 5. So if G is in 3, that means F is in 5. We don't have any other rules with F, but we do have another rule with slot 5: If K is in 4, then L is in 5. The contrapositive of that rule is that if L is NOT in 5, then K is NOT in 4. Sine F is in 5, L is NOT in 5, which means K is NOT in 4. At that point we can eliminate (A), (D), and (E). The only difference between (B) and (C) is J so I might do a quick check to make sure J can be 4th. The order M H G J F K L works, which means I could have J 4th. So (C) is the answer.

Older games are great for practice. You never know what the LSAT is going to throw at you!

Best,
Kelsey

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.