LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Setup and Rule Diagram Explanation

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 mkloo11
|
Hi! Any chance an explanation to this game will be shared before the June administration? Super struggling with it!
 mkloo11
|
mkloo11 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 4:56 pm Hi! Any chance an explanation to this game will be shared before the June administration? Super struggling with it!
Editing to add my thinking: I've tried to find a pattern or key inference for the game, but haven't gotten to one yet. I think the game is doable with a pretty scant diagram and just brute-forcing through the questions. Is that the right approach? Thanks so much!
 Robert Carroll
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
mkloo11,

I'll offer one diagram of this. Since there are no rules about people being "directly across" the table from each other, and nothing I can see deals with a "clockwise" or "counterclockwise" direction around the table, I think this can be diagrammed just as a Basic Linear game. The only difference is that spaces 1 and 8 are also adjacent. In that respect, this game already reminds me quite a bit of a recent Circular game on the LSAT, which I'll link here: viewtopic.php?f=1318&t=31306

Note that since any two of G, L, K can't be adjacent (L and K are a couple and each of them cannot be next to G via the last rule), it's always good to be aware of those three variables when doing questions, because it's always going to be tricky keeping them all separated. That's a good thing! The fewer ways they can be separated, the easier it will be to find inferences in Local questions. Globally, I don't think anything special can be done about that yet - I could say something like "one of them must be 2 or 3 and the other two from 5 to 8", but that's about all.

Robert Carroll
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.