LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?t=3601)

The correct answer choice is (E)

Only Possibility #3 meets the criteria in the question stem. Possibility #3 confirms that answer choice (E) is correct
 mscrisbrown
|
Hi I was able to arrive at the correct answer by trial and error and crossing out the seemingly wrong answers, but I don't necessarily understand the question stem. Can someone please explain what the question is asking
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Sure! The question stem reads as:

• "If the set of members of the council who vote against the school bill is the same set of members who vote against the tax bill, then which one of the following statements must be true?"
The new condition being added here is that the group of members who vote against the school bill is identical to those who vote against the tax bill. Basically, the group votes as an identical block for the two bills in question. For example, if just F and H both vote against the school bill, then F and H (and only those two) would have to vote against the tax bill. And, as it turns out, this is the exact and only scenario in the game that conforms to this rule, as detailed in the main setup discussion at lsat/viewtopic.php?t=3601 (See Possibility #3).

Please let me know if that helps. Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.