LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

elee998
|
Hi,
I don't understand how to solve question 22 because of the lack of a fixed character. Could someone provide me with an explanation on how to most efficiently solve this problem?
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi elee,

This question is testing your pattern recognition. We are limited in this game in a few different ways. First, we know we can only use Z once a year. Second, we know that after X, we can only have Z. That means that in years 1 and 2, we can only have 1 X. X cannot have W or V produced in the same factory the following year, and per the first rule, cars cannot be produced in the same factory in consecutive years (meaning that X cannot follow X).

With that limitation in mind, I know I want to see only 1 X in for years 1 and 2. That's answer choice (B). The other answer choices either cannot be true or are only possible. We never HAVE to have more than 1 X in any of the years. We cannot have more than 1 X in the first two years.

Hope that helps!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.