LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?t=8601)

The correct answer choice is (D)

The conditions in the question stem create a 2-1-2 fixed numerical distribution, with the tasks apportioned as follows:
J00_Game_#4_#20_diagram 1.png
The question asks you to identify a pair of crew members who could work on both the first and third days. According to our workers-to-tasks diagram, only I or K, and L or O could work on the first day, and H or K or M, and H or O or I could work on the third day. Immediately, several variables can be eliminated from contention. For example, L could work on day 1, but couldn’t work on day 3. H and M could work on day 3 but not day 1. Ultimately, only I, K, and O are common to both days, and thus the correct answer must include two members of that group and be a pair who can cover all four tasks. Only K and O meet the criteria. Therefore, (D) is the correct answer choice.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 huhjunn
|
Hi, for queston #20, I understand that answer choices A B AND E must be eliminated because those pairs can appear on the first days, but not the third (or vice versa). However, I do not understand why answer choice C is incorrect.

This is because both Inga and Leanda can appear on days 1 and 3. On day 1: Inga can do framing while Leana does taping. On day 3: Inga can do priming while Leanda does walling.

In this hypothetical no rules are violated (at least so far as I can tell).

What am I missing here?
 Steve Stein
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi,

Thanks for your response. In that one, the five tasks must be done in a specified order, which means that the framing and wallboarding must be done on the first day, and the taping must be done on the second day,

I hope that's helpful--please let me know whether this is clear--thanks!

Steve
 christinecwt
|
Hi Team - does anyone mind explaining why "only I or K, and L or O could work on the first day, and H or K or M, and H or O or I could work on the third day" as mentioned below? cause I tried to look back the diagram, still not sure how it works... Many thanks for the help in advance!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Christine,

Instead of just looking at the diagram here and not immediately seeing why it works that way, try putting other variables on those days using the conditions in the question and see what happens! That will get you working with the variables directly, and reveal the mechanics of the game--that's the best way to learn LG :-D

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.