LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?t=16650)

The correct answer choice is (D)

Because this game features eight reports filling six spaces, any time two students are eliminated from the scheduling, the remaining six students must be scheduled. Question #2 is a prime example of the application of this inference. Because neither K nor L is scheduled, therefore G, H, I, N, O, and R must be scheduled. Because O and R cannot give an afternoon report, they must be scheduled for the morning. Only answer choice (D) contains both O and R, and thus answer choice (D) is correct.
 lavalsat
|
Hello,

Why is it the case that when 2 students are not selected, all the other six must be selected? I am having trouble finding in the rules or setup where a student giving a report twice is not allowed?
 Ryan Twomey
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
The game told you in the prompt that six students will give reports out of the 8 students available. I would personally draw an out category in this game next to my sequence to remind myself that once two students are out, the rest have to be in. Filling up the out category means the remaining students are placed in the slots.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.