LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?t=16650)

The correct answer choice is (A)

Given the stipulations, we can determine that G must give a report on Tuesday. Thus, according to the contrapositive of the third rule, N cannot give a report on Monday, and since R, G, and N give reports on different days, N must therefore give a report on Wednesday. Consequently, R must give a report on Monday, in the morning per the second rule. This information is sufficient to immediately eliminate answer choices (B), (C), and (E).

Answer choice (D) can be eliminated since if O were to give a report on Monday, she would have to do so in the afternoon, a violation of the second rule. Therefore, answer choice (A) is correct.
 JocelynL
|
hello,
For this question, I had a hypothetical as follows:

M am/pm - NI
T am/pm - HG
W am/pm - RK

I don't see how this set up violates the rules and I thought B was right.
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Jocelyn.

The final rule would eliminate your hypothetical. If N gives a report, HI have to be on the next day, unless N goes on Wednesday. Because the other days have to include R and G, no day can have HI together. That means that N must be on Wednesday

Hope that helps!
Rachael
 JocelynL
|
Rachael Wilkenfeld wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:53 pm Hi Jocelyn.

The final rule would eliminate your hypothetical. If N gives a report, HI have to be on the next day, unless N goes on Wednesday. Because the other days have to include R and G, no day can have HI together. That means that N must be on Wednesday

Hope that helps!
Rachael
hi Rachael, I mis-understood the rule. I thought it H&I just have to give the report NEXT, not the next DAY :cry:

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.