LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?f=267&p=90470#p90470)

The correct answer choice is (E)

The condition in the question stem establishes that P cannot be hired in 1992 and thus must have been hired in 1990 or 1991. This information provides the basis for selecting answer choice (E).
 deck1134
|
Hi PowerScore Staff,

I am confused as to how we can put P next to O in slot 91 if O and M share the same specialty. If, as the local question says, M and P share a specialty, wouldn't O, M, and P share one as well? I'm not sure what I am missing here.

Thanks!
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Each professor has one OR MORE specialties, Deck, so M could share one specialty with O and a different one with P, with O and P having no specialty in common! For example, M and O both specialize in Ancient Rome, and M and P both specialize in Ancient Greece. If O only does Rome and P only does Greece, then they could be next to or in the same year as each other! Otherwise, there could not be any solution to this question, as P would have to be next to or in the same year as either M or O. Since there must be a solution to the question, if we've made that incorrect assumption about having the same specialty in common, we would be forced to re-evaluate that assumption now in light of this evidence that would prove our assumption to be incorrect. That's a good way to catch our errors, actually - noticing that either multiple answers work in a scenario or that none do. When that happens, go back and re-evaluate!
 studyhelp20
|
Hello Power Score Support Staff,

Can you please provide an explanation of the correct answer to this problem for me? I did not fully grasp the correct explanation from the previous post. thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Brennan
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
studyhelp20 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:41 am Hello Power Score Support Staff,

Can you please provide an explanation of the correct answer to this problem for me? I did not fully grasp the correct explanation from the previous post. thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Brennan
Hi Brennan,

I'm going to send this post back to you, and ask you to provide more information, similar to my reply in another post of yours: viewtopic.php?f=269&t=455&p=82527#p82527

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.