LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?t=1171)

The correct answer choice is (C)

If no two cars have exactly the same options, then Z must have S because W already has L and P. In addition, T cannot have S because Y already has just S. This information leads to the following setup:
Oct 01_M12_game#2_L9_explanations_game#1_#10_diagram_1.png
Because four of the cars already have S, answer choice (C) cannot be true and is correct.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 stsai
|
Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. I see that I missed the "Z must have L" part, and that solves #9.
But how do I solve #10?
Seems to me I could refer to the template used for #9:
T-P, V-PS, W-PL, X-PLS, Y-S, Z-LS
(also the only possibility if no two cars were to have exactly the same options with one another, I assume)

Then this would make (A) (C) (E) all selectable as cannot be true (reverse of could be true X, right?)
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Stsai,

On #10, I think your error is coming from the assumption that T-P, V-PS, W-PL, X-PLS, Y-S, Z-LS is the only viable hypothetical. Remember, since Y has S only, T can have P or L, this solution also applies to this problem:

T-L, V-PS, W-PL, X-PLS, Y-S, Z-LS

This solution shows that answer choices (A) and (E) are possible, and thus they are incorrect.

Please let me know if that solves this problem. Thanks!
 stsai
|
Yes. That was the problem. Now I get it. Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.