LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Homework or Lesson help relating to our Accelerated or Live Online Accelerated Courses.
 aisha karim
|
I do understand the question stem and how correct answer choice d is weaken except, but I dont understand how rest of the four choices wither weaken the argument? Is it because they offer an alternative cause to the effect than the stated cause in the argument
 David Boyle
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
aisha karim wrote:I do understand the question stem and how correct answer choice d is weaken except, but I dont understand how rest of the four choices wither weaken the argument? Is it because they offer an alternative cause to the effect than the stated cause in the argument
Hello aisha karim,

Could you please give me the year and month of the LSAT, and what section it is in, for this problem? Thank you,

Hope this helps,
David
 aisha karim
|
prep test 23, october 1997, section2, question 26
 David Boyle
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
aisha karim wrote:prep test 23, october 1997, section2, question 26
Hello aisha karim,

Thanks! Sometimes books have different editions, etc. ...

Anyway, answer A shows that the cars are the problem, not the teenagers' skills; answer B shows that lack of belts and straps is the problem, not driving skills; answer C shows that the amount of mileage is the problem, not driving skills; and answer E shows that the number of passengers is the problem, not driving skills.
So yes, you could call all of those alternate causes.

Hope this helps,
David

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.