LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?t=8722)

The correct answer choice is (D)

If females are assigned to Veblen South and Veblen North, then four of the wings are assigned to females:
J02_Game_#1_#1_diagram 1.png
The remaining four wings must then be assigned as follows: three wings to males and one wing to females. Because Wisteria cannot have males assigned to both wings (per the fourth rule), at most one of the Wisteria wings can be assigned males, and by Hurdling the Uncertainty we can deduce that Richards South and Tuscarora South are assigned males, resulting in the following setup:
J02_Game_#1_#1_diagram 2.png
Accordingly, answer choice (D) is correct.
 KG!
|
I got this question right, but it took longer than expected. The stimulus ask us "could be two other wings that are also assigned females?" To me, that implies That an answer choice would not include TN or RN because they're already given to us! Classic LSAT trick? I crossed out D initially.
 Jeremy Press
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi KG!

Just remember to track what that tiny little word "other" is referring to. In the context of the question stem, it means two wings "other than" Veblen South and Veblen North (in other words, other than the two wings previously referred to in the question stem). That "other" couldn't refer to the general rules without including some language in the question stem specifically referencing the general rules in the game. Important distinction on local questions, and important reminder not to read more into a question stem term than the question stem specifically states!

Keep up the hard work!

Jeremy

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.